The third largest city in Vietnam makes Hai Phong an ideal place to teach English. Not only are jobs easy to come by, but the cost of living is significantly less than it’s two larger neighbors. It does not carry the same metropolis feel either, which allows the daily joys of living in Asia to really shine through.
The city is also known for its prized beer and active bar scene. Teachers who land here are pleased to know they can easily save a bit of money, even though paychecks might be slightly less. Jennie loved living in Hai Pong, and shares the pros and cons in her blog.
Popular activities in Hai Phong:
- Visit the Du Hang Pagoda – a historical temple with intricate carvings and architecture
- Explore the Cat Ba Island – a beautiful island with stunning beaches and nature reserves
- Take a stroll through the Do Son Beach – a long sandy beach with lively seafood restaurants
- Visit the Poem Mountain – a scenic hill with panoramic views of the city and bay
- Visit the Hai Phong Museum – a museum showcasing the history and culture of the city
- Visit the Trang Kenh Communal House – a historical house built in the traditional Vietnamese style
- Enjoy a boat ride through the Lan Ha Bay – a stunning bay with countless islands, beaches and caves.
- Try the local street food – Hai Phong is famous for its delicious street food, including seafood dishes, grilled meats, and traditional desserts.
Learn more about teaching English in Hai Phong Vietnam with TESOL Certification.